CORRUGATED METAL ROOFING IN GREEN BAY
WHAT IS CORRUGATED METAL ROOFING?
It is called corrugated because it was formed from a roll of 26-29 gauge steel producing a wavy or ribbed profile. This profile makes the steel panels very durable and stable. The corrugated profile holds it’s rigid form and doesn’t “oil-can” as a flat panel may. Our corrugated roofing materials cover a span of 3 feet in width. The length of the panels are custom cut by our manufacturer to fit your roof. The roofing panels come with a Sherwin – Williams coil coating. The coating is designed to withstand the elements and extreme resistance to scratching or chipping. It was also created to maintain it’s gloss, which is why it’s backed with a 40 year paint coating warranty. These roof panels are a great fit for any style of home. many benefits of corrugated metal make it a desirable option for residential roofing.
THE MANY BENEFITS OF CORRUGATED STEEL ROOFING
- We offer more than 20 color options to give any type of home or building a beautiful look. This will add instant curb appeal. Ultimately, raising your home’s resale value.
- Corrugated metal roofing is economical. Our installation procedure keeps the cost for a metal roof comparable to a shingle roof replacement.
- Our metal roofing products are extremely durable. They have been known to last up to 120 years.
- The energy efficiency of metal for a roof will keep your home more comfortable in the summer and lower cooling costs by up to 30% as it reflects the sun’s ultraviolet rays.
- A steel roof is fire retardant and will not start on fire from lightning, you may qualify for an insurance discount.
- It is lightweight as it weighs about 1/3 of traditional asphalt shingle roofing materials.
OUR LOW COST METAL ROOF REPLACEMENT PROCESS
Your price for corrugated metal roofing will be similar to the price of an asphalt shingle roof. We do NOT remove existing asphalt shingles. This is a messy, expensive, and unnecessary step. The removal of existing shingles accounts for approximately 60% of the cost of a roof replacement. The existing shingle create an extra layer of insulation. Our metal roof replacement process involves securing 1 x 4’s to the existing shingle roof. This creates a grid system of secured hardwood lumber. A benefit of this grid is to develop a ventilation air gap that prevents moisture and condensation. Second, the metal roof sheet is installed directly to the 1 x 4 furring strips. The panels are secured with metal roof screws that contain neoprene washers to ensure a good seal. As a result, the roofing tin has the strength to withstand 140 mph winds. Our roofs will also shed heavy snowfall that is common to our Green Bay, WI area. Finally, all accessories such as edgings and ridge cap are installed in a similar fashion. When properly installed, this product will be virtually maintenance free for about 40 years.